Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Morton's Toe


006, originally uploaded by cinderellenk.
I am blessed with a second toe longer than the big toe. My mother and I are always happy to tell anyone who doubts it that this is a sign of great beauty.  It is the very type of foot idealized in Greek statues, as a matter of fact. Turns out this "condition" has a name: Morton's Toe, and is associated with various muscular and skeletal problems, including knock knees and excessive pronation of the foot.  Who knew? I still think it's a pretty good foot, and if I have to be knock kneed and pronation prone (which I am) so be it.  As my Aunt Virginia often told me "you have to suffer to be beautiful"!

3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I have Morton's toe, too!!!!

jkm said...

I don't have Morton's toe, but I have taken lots of pictures of my feet at the beach. And I think you have a very good foot!

Tyler said...

Very true!! If it were easy, EVERYONE would be beautiful.. And where would that leave us beautiful people..? :)