Thursday, January 22, 2009

And Now a Word From Our Sponsors

I'm at home today recovering from an attack of a Vile Stomach Virus (I think it may have been roto, but I don't know for sure and don't care). Apparently it's sweeping the state and I was lucky enough to be exposed. All I will say about it is that I did not vomit, and I weighed 5 lbs less this morning than I did yesterday.




Once I regained my composure and had a little something to eat I proceeded to waste the day organizing my uploads to Facebook and surfing around on the Internet while watching daytime TV with one eye. I'm not much of a soap watcher anymore, but I am easily tempted by a cable show called "I Want That". While usually the items they feature are more amusing or aspirational than useful (dog treadmills, slippers with built-in flashlights, unusual custom fixtures and furniture for the home) one item they featured today inspired immediate lust. It's called Add-A-Cabana and looks like the best thing since sliced bread. It's a little tent affair that hangs off the tailgate of an SUV. It clips onto the roof rack on top and attaches to the side of the car with magnets. It provides a reasonably private changing room on the back of your car. There are loops for weights to keep it from flying up while you are inside, and the opening Velcros shut. If you knew how often I had changed out of my sweaty stinking cycling gear by standing in between my car doors while keeping a sharp eye out for passers-by you'd agree that I need this really bad! I hate staying in the putrid sweaty shorts once I am off the bike. The thing comes in it's own bag and can live in the car all summer. I think it would also be a great addition to camping gear. Everyone will envy me and use it after rides, and it costs only 50 bucks. It will be mine before cycling season gets underway.


Why yes, I did notice that the pictures accompanying this post are random! BUT - I am currently looking through my pictures with an eye to which will best argue my point that I really need another camera. Jennifer got a new one this year which I got to play with a little, and I would really like to have a similar one with some of the features found in nicer cameras than mine. I have my eye on this one, the Sony H50 with 15x digital zoom (as compared to my 3x zoom), image stabilization, and much faster shutter speeds so I could catch more than half of Vivian as she runs by. I'd keep my little camera, of course. It fits in my pocket and I take it everywhere. I'd just like to be able to take better pictures. I really thing my planned trip to the Grand Canyon this summer argues for better technology!

No comments: