Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back on Track

What is this building with no visible sign? What can it possibly be - and why am I going inside? Oh yeah - now I recognize it - that's my gym: Pacer Fitness Center, that place that has not seen much of me lately. I am hereby offering the photographic proof that I am still allowed inside. It's time to face the music - I have not been a regular this year. I was looking over my 2007 goals and out of seven have met exactly ONE (and a half). The good side of that is that I don't have to make up a whole new list of goals for 2008. I do have a couple of new athletic goals - 100 miles at the Spin Your Wheels ride in August, and I'd like to come in first in my class at the Corporate Challenge in June. I'm going to participate in the cycling time trial again, unless someone younger and faster wants my slot. Surprisingly, I don't think that will happen. I don't think there are any other cyclists among the women at my office. Last year I signed up at the last minute and with little preparation placed second in my class, so I'm thinking I can do better this year. The leader wasn't that far ahead of me. I may even consider signing up for another event, because we get points just for showing up at events even if we come in last. I printed out the Couch to 5K yesterday to scare myself and my crummy knees with. This year I am going to be on the committee so I will have the authority, nay the duty, to nag people into signing up! I will really enjoy the nagging.

No comments: