Friday, September 16, 2011

This is the Day

Here's a video I ran across today that I thought was worth sharing:


Kind of timely for me. I have been struggling with anger and depression mainly having to do with the trials and aggravations which have accompanied our remodeling job. This week I have made a conscious effort to remember to start my day on a positive note. The one I have chosen is to say every day (out loud, because I know that I am not a liar and will believe what I say!) "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.".

Our job is not finished (and as far as I can tell will never be finished), but we moved the last of our things in today except for two bicycles and will be living here full time. The bicycles are waiting for shed or basement space which is waiting until the kitchen counter is done so we can unpack the boxes that are clogging up those areas. More before and after will follow as we complete projects. Our guest room will likely be the next exhibit as that room lacks only shades and art. The living room will come next - we'll finish that up when our sofa comes around October 10. There is a big print to hang which we can't do until the sofa is in place. I thought maybe our bedroom would be ready to post this weekend (waiting only for art and chandelier), but we may have a little longer to wait for our light to be hung. We've owned it for months but it may be the last thing added because we will have a local handyman hang that one in his free time. The bathroom and kitchen have been the trouble spots all along and I don't have any idea when they will be done.

Random picture again - but my favorite picture of Jennifer and Logan! Click on it to get a better look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the video!!! Just take a deep breath. Remodeling NEVER goes smoothly. At least in my experience. bkj