Monday, March 26, 2012

Unbridled Enthusiasm

Anyone who has had any close contact with The Amazing Roxanne knows that not only does she have a luxuriant coat, but she is also all too willing to share it with the rest of the world. She sheds like crazy. This is particularly noticeable on hardwood floors and on my white sofa. Over the years I have experimented with a variety of hair control options. Finally I have found one that is completely satisfactory:  the Gonzo (revolutionary) pet hair lifter. The packaging on mine sports all kinds of optimistic words and imagery like "works instantly!" and a magic lantern. For once I don't think this is an exaggeration. Each gentle swipe over the sofa lifts up a mat of hair that can be dropped harmlessly into the trash or compost bin. I am going to buy a second one for the car and you should too! Between the Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter and the Furminator, both conveniently available from Amazon, I feel like at last I have the hair war under control. The only remaining issues are how to wash the dog without filling my sink with hair, and how to avoid getting dog hair in my eyelashes.


The Amazing Roxanne had her yearly checkup and vaccination fiesta today at the Forestdale Veterinary Clinic. Everyone quite appropriately admired her beauty and sweet disposition, and then poked holes in her. We took a little spin in the Pickerel Cove Recreation Area, which accesses Wakeby Pond from the opposite shore from the Lowell Holly Reservation (one our favorite places to visit).

I'm still working on Vivian's afghan, and it is easily the pinkest thing I've ever seen. I'll post a picture of it later this week, although I doubt it will be finished by then. The other completed blankets will have left the premises after this weekend, then we'll be down to one to finish and one to start. I'm running a sweatshop with one struggling fiber enthusiast.

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

She IS a very beautiful girl, so she is. I'll bet your both happy the annual pokes are over for her. Wolfie get's his in October because that's when he entered our lives.

The picture of daffodils is lovely beyond words, almost, or else I couldn't speak of it, eh? I have a tip for naturalizing them in a garden. Just throw a small basket of bulbs out in an arc and where they land, you plant them. Of course the person I got this tip from had a half acre yard. Happy Spring!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

your = you're. sigh...