Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Still Perfect


I just got back from having my first heart scan, and I have NO blockage. Yay! Of course this does not mean that my health is perfect in every way, but it is reassuring to know that I am on the right track. Now I just have to schedule my yearly and have my yearly argument with my doctor about Vytorin. He wants me to take it, I think DEATH is more side effect than I am willing to consider. He prescribes it and I don't take it. Maybe armed with my perfect hearth scan and my current nearly vegetarian diet we can come to an arrangement we can both live with.




This weekend we are planning a trip to a house on Lake Eufaula in Eastern Oklahoma. The big plans include lounging around, floating on air mattresses on the lake, and taking a nice long bike ride. We are going to take the dogs with us, which will both simplify and complicate the trip. We will not have to arrange for dog sitting, but will have to consider their comfort and safety. I know Roxy will be just fine, especially with her friend along for company. Skippy has a history of panic when left in a strange place. He tore all the blinds out of a house when he was left alone in an unfamiliar place once (the ONLY time). Therefore we will be staking the dogs outside while we are gone! I am walking the dogs together morning and evening, which makes them both a little calmer and reinforces their bond. I am hoping Skippy will feel relaxed enough to enjoy the trip to the lake with us.

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Have a good time. Rest, rest your mind, play with the doggies, swim. Rinse, repeat. :o)