Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nothing More to Say

Boston skyline, taken near Boston Harbor
I know that statistics tell us that violent crimes are less common now than they used to be, but this week it is hard to believe. The kind of crimes that come to our attention today are senselessly violent with victims who seem to have no reason to have been targets. The result that we all feel less safe in every circumstance outside our homes, the very definition of the goal or terror attacks and the circumstances common in many countries of the world today.

My heart breaks for these families and individuals who will carry the results of this senseless attack in their hearts and on their bodies for the rest of their lives. I can only lift them up in prayer, knowing nothing I can do will make the world feel safe to them again.


1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

These heinous things always leave me feeling so helpless and a part of me wants so badly to do something to fix it even though I know I can't. Sigh.