Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - All at Once

Lots of people I know are participating in naming the things for which they are thankful every day. Being the disorganized and procrastinating person that I am, I  want to just blurt them all out at once, in no particular order.

I am thankful for my excellent health, which makes so many other things possible.

I am grateful not to have any physical handicaps.

I am grateful to have three children, and all still living.

I am thankful that all three of my children are in reasonable health.

I am also thankful that all of my children are gainfully employed.

I am lucky to have two beautiful grandchildren.

I am fortunate to have my mother still living and in good health.

It was my good fortune to have two parents at home, which allowed my mother to be an home with us.

`I am grateful that my mother taught me not only to crochet, embroider, knit and sew, but even more valuable: to think that I might be able to make anything I fancied.

I am thankful that I learned early the value of reading for entertainment and knowledge.

I was given the great gift of having all four grandparents nearby through all of my growing up.

I was blessed with a good education.

I have been lucky to have lived both in the country and the city and in several states.

I am lucky to have kept my love of cycling for my whole life.

I am thankful that knitting has brought me to meet so many wonderful women.

I am thankful that from childhood I was exposed to people who taught me the value of democracy and participation in public life.

I am thankful that I was brought up in a union famliy and understand to this day the value of labor unions.

I am blessed to be living in the United States.

I am fortunate to have been able to move to Massachusetts at this time in my life.

I am lucky to able to enjoy the outdoors.

I am so happy to have a paid for and decent car.

I'm glad I learned what good Mexican food tastes like before I moved to Massachusetts (!)

I am thankful to have a wife who loves me after all these years.

I am thankful to have cordial and respectful relationships with my ex husbands and their families.

I am luck enough to have a home of my own and one that I love.

I am among the very lucky who always has enough to eat every single day.

I am so thankful that I am assured of an income (however small!) for life.

I am thankful that my wife is also employed when so many are not.

I have been the lucky owner of a number of very interesting dogs, who have added so much to my life.

I am lucky enough to be able to take a part time job doing something that is fun and pays a little too.

I am grateful for the Internet, through which I am able to keep in daily contact with friends and family members who are not physically nearby.




Of course there are many things that are not on the list. I am lucky indeed to have been born in the place and time and to the family I was. I've had a lot of opportunities in my life and although I have not taken advantage of all of them I am still very well off indeed. Of course I "did not build that" alone, so today I am pleased to be able to feature the people I love most.














1 comment:

Xtreme English said...

Cheers to you and your wife....for your appreciation of your wonderful life together. Many people would die for what you have!