Over at "For the Love of a House" there was a list of housekeeping "must haves" that got me thinking. My list of necessary house stuff:
1. Magic Erasers - really do work like magic on just about everything, especially tea cups.
2. The FURminator - The single best pet hair controller anywhere.
3. The Dyson Animal - for everything the FURminator leaves behind.
4. Pressure cooker - for emergency meals
5. Coleman stove - Camping gear pressed into service when storms knock out electricity.
6. Bleach - cheap & easy germ killing
7. Vinegar - windows, coffee pots, washing machines, odor killing: all purpose liquid!
8. Old toothbrushes - a "free" tool that quickly gets into every little crevice.
9. Coffee - to drink, to adsorb odors, to kill slugs in the garden. It's hard to beat.
10. Newspaper - to read, to wash windows without streaks or lint, to layer under mulch in the garden to turn weeds into compost. The quality of the reporting may vary but the usefulness of the paper never does.