Friday, September 22, 2006

On the Road Again


This will be a quickie post, as I'm almost on my way out the door to go camping in the beautiful Wichita Wildlife Refuge with some of my friends and the Oklahoma Bicycle Society. We're going down tonight, with a bike ride tomorrow, hiking, fishing (for Shana) and birding for me. The car looks like we are going to be on the road for a week, but it's really only two and a half days. I took today off the pack up the car, and almost lived to regret that I'd put EVERYTHING off until this morning! My tarp is AWOL (borrowed one from Dennis), but everything else is just where I thought it was. Amazing, isn't it?
The sock-in-progress pictured here has gone to the frog pond. It was too wide, the stitch wasn't working with the stripe, and it totally just looked like hell. It's almost back to the same length now, and looks much better. It's going to be a simple stockinette over 60 stitches with a 3x2 rib top. Camp knitting at its simple best. I was thinking that I wanted to shake up my socks to feature some different kinds of stitches and ribs, but sometimes you just have to work with what you have and stop trying to fight the yarn.

Time to load up the bikes. I'll have some pictures of the camp event when I get back (Stay tuned for the excitement) Peace On!

No comments: