Tuesday, December 06, 2011

December Finished Objects (no, really)

I'm in my usual December knitting frenzy, testing my speed and commitment against the last possible shipping dates for gifts to arrive on time. As usual I started  thinking and planning months ago but piddled around until the deadlines started approaching. I didn't feel like doing serious holiday knitting until we moved into our home in September. I'd love to be able to offer a good excuse for this, but I can't think of one.


So far I have made up three pair of socks (I want to keep one but it's not looking good), a cowl, a scarf, two hats (one mine) and a baby afghan. Not great. I have most of a scarf for myself finished, half of a hat (actually it's a complete Calorimetry but I want to put a flower on it). I still have hopes of completing a few more hats and since they won't all need to be shipped I have enough time, I think. I really do have plenty of time to knit, but I get distracted by the Internet (ooooh, shiny!).

Two of my finished objects are both basic and black, so not photogenic. I finished reknitting Wurm in a size that should fit, but I need someone to take a picture of me in it because it doesn't look like much empty and does not fit the dog. The dreaded bathroom pictures look BAD - it seemed fine before I washed it but it might still be way too big and I'm not sure what to do about it short of felting the thing.

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hats are always fun.

You've done well with your knitting, I reckon. The baby blanket is very cheery and the pattern beautiful. I Love the way you've edged it.

Did you manage to keep a pair of socks for yourself?

Best wishes with you travel plans. Lots of flights aren't cancelled unless there is a blizzard. We can cross our fingers that THAT doesn't happen.

Love the cute tree. They get HUGE here.