Thursday, October 04, 2007

Midweek Political Post (sort of)

By (somewhat) popular request, I have been poking around for some information concerning Blackwater's domestic contracts and I will post a few links. I think I can confidently confirm that Blackwater is doing work stateside. The contracts for drug enforcement do seem to emphasize overseas operations, but do not exclude domestic activities. Blackwater was involved in Katrina security activities, so they have already been active stateside. More information is rather quickly coming to light because of ongoing hearings and investigations. Look here, here, and here for more detail. By the way, I consider these three sites to be fairly reliable, so if you have time look around and see what else they may have to offer to supplement your regular news outlets.

No comments: