Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Fun


We spent the holiday with family and friends, ate too much, took a long walk, and came home in a state of collapse. We have a great supply of leftovers and Roxy lives in a constant state of unsatisfied yearning for a plate of turkey.

I went to Sandwich Wednesday to visit the Sandwich Glass Museum again. Our house guest loves antique glass, so that was the obvious place to go. There was a seasonal display of creches in an amazing variety of materials and styles which we really enjoyed. The only down side to the day was that I needed to deliver my car to the shop and pick it up later in the day (early, because of the holiday). After two extra trips to Falmouth it turned out that the chronic flat tire issue I spent about $30.00 to fix returned in less than 24 hours. I'll have to get the car out there again next week to get the issue settled. First World Problems, of course.

For the first time in years I was not at home for Black Friday. In my retail years I worked it every year, so in all the following years I either stayed home or went to the mall to sit on the sidelines and watch the crazy people lose their minds. This year I am back in retail and on the front lines. Fortunately at my workplace we did not have any door busters or middle of the night openings, so it was pretty civilized although really busy. I did notice that a lot of the purchases were for very small amounts, single ornaments purchased as gifts were pretty popular.  I was shocked and ashamed of my fellow man to hear about pepper spraying at WalMart and other violence in the race for cheap junk.

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Glass art is the most beautiful of all things!

Black Friday is such an event that it could knock WWIII right off the front pages. Seriously, pepper spraying another customer? Isn't that for the Police to do? Wonders never cease!

Smoochies for Roxie Doggie!

I ate waaaay too much on Thanksgiving. Happily we took nothing home with us, either. Onward to Christmas.