Saturday, July 03, 2010

Anchors Aweigh

We ushered the holiday weekend with a send off party for Jeremy, who is leaving us for the U S Navy. I for one am sorry to see him go, but I was glad we had a send off party for him. It was good to see everyone together and fun to attempt to get a picture of Buddy, James, and Jeremy where all of them look civilized. This was the best one on my camera - I also took a few with James' so maybe I had better luck there!

Nancy came for the weekend and is staying with us at the suggestion of her children, who were planning weekend getaways and did not want a repeat of last year. To celebrate last year's July 4th broken foot, Nancy went to a junk store and dropped a pane of glass on her ankle. It's not a holiday without a trip to the emergency room, apparently!

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

awww. The navy.. sigh...

And Nancy has a little demon that follows her wherever she goes? Hugs to Nancy!