Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Don't Make These Things Up

Apparently the Utah State Senate is considering a plan to alter the Martin Luther King Day holiday to become Dr. Martin Luther King,Jr./John M. Browning Day so that Dr. King can share his day with the famous gun manufacturer, a man much more appealing to the tender sensibilities of Utah natives. Again I must ask: why are our elected representatives (of any state) wasting their time on this sort of bizarre nonsense? In a way it's comforting to know that there are states who have elected representatives as crazy as ours in Oklahoma.

2 comments:

The Senate Site said...

It ain't gonna happen.

RC

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Hmmm? I just heard of something truly horrid coming out of Utah soon, and it just might happen.

California has a Governor I'd like to sell to a horror film producer. He's a lousy governor and an even worse actor.

"Holly wooood!", in my best imitation of Robin Williams.