Friday, June 19, 2009

Amazing Quickie Hummus


It's Friday and my afternoon errands are looming large. One of my destinations is Sam's Wholesale, where I do not want to be tempted to buy one of everything that appeals. So - I prepare to raid the cupboards for some kind of lunch. I see no leftovers, no soup, no bread, no nothing. But - I do find a can of chickpeas a couple tablespoons of tahini and some crackers, which makes me think I could at least make some hummus. Pickin's are slim in the kitchen so I had to improvise. I found one teeny tiny little clove of garlic and the only olive oil around was infused with habanero peppers. Whirled up with a half teaspoon of cumin, a bit of parsley from Shana's kitchen garden, a squirt of lemon juice, a tablespoon of tahini and a bit of Goya Adobo Seasoning I made some really delicious spicy hummus. Proof that you can never go wrong with hummus. Low fat, healthy and delicious! I've been a hummus-from-a-recipe kind of gal but I think I'm sold on improvisation in future.
And by the way, Goya Adobo Seasoning is the best thing ever for improvisational cooking. It goes with everything and has just the right spicy kick to adsd that certain something to any dish. I like the variety with cumin, but it comes in several styles. Go get some! Right now!

No comments: