Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Return of the Prodigal Blogger

I'm back from my road trip to visit the fam in Denver. I was lucky enough to have perfect weather the whole week, even for the drive both ways.

I got a few snaps of everyone in the kitchen one night. You can't tell from the picture but I am sitting on Richard's lap - a dangerous place to be. I think I can fairly say that a good time was had by all. Richard and I went to the movies (Amazing Grace - and it was excellent) shopping, and hit every Starbucks in Brighton Colorado except the one on Bromley Road which has inadequate curb ramps for people with disabilities. Last time I visited we went to that one, and wrote to complain to the company about it. No response, and therefore no visit from us.


I cooked every night, and I must say the menu was a good one. Everyone was pleased except my poor niece, who came for dinner the one night we were having fish, which she did not care for. Oh well, she was just unlucky. Mom stocked her freezer with the leftovers and I had fun cooking in her kitchen.


My niece and nephew were able to arrange their schedules so I got to visit with each of them, and Mom and I had a girly lunch and shopping day in Boulder. Mom and I visited Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins where I scored some urgently needed beautiful purple hand painted sock yarn and some Plymouth Encore in girly shades to make a couple of sweaters for for the soon-to-arrive Baby Vivian, my first grandchild. It's a really nice store with all kinds of goodies. In addition to a comprehensive selection of yarn, they have roving, spindles and wheels, all kinds of classes in fibre arts, and a great selection of publications which included not only how-to and pattern oriented books, but also some art books to inspire creativity.

Over the course of the week we had Chinese food, we had ice cream, we played Rummicube, sat in the park in the sun and told jokes. I had lunch at Richard's place. Mom and I had nice quiet evenings watching TV, visiting, and knitting, and I got all rested up. In short, a good family visit.

I took The Amazing Roxanne with me but of course I have no pictures of her at all because she hides from the camera. She was a good traveler and very well behaved. She had a great time. Richard and I took her everywhere we went. That was much more to her taste than her usual week when she waits around for people to come home from work. There was always someone around who wanted to pet her and tickle her - never a dull moment. She was exhausted by 8:00 every night.

No comments: